Wednesday 16 June 2010

Quiet Mountain

I'm having probs remembering what I've been up to now as it's Tuesday or Wednesday as I'm writing this... losing track of the days over here.

Quiet Mountain was lovely anyway - I was quite sad to leave. Terence and John, the owners, were a great couple, a bit like Siegfried and Roy but without the white tigers! Terence googled Brighton when we said where we were from and was "most interested", hahahaaaaa! Spent most of the time there chilling and preparing for the mayhem ahead in Cape Town. Climbed up the mountain on the day before the game (last Friday?) which almost killed me.
Had thighs of iron for the next day or two afterwards. Worth it though - had a bit of bonding time with the boys and Mr Muscle the jack russell, who followed us (or led the way) for the whole journey.
Getting up the mountain was one thing, coming down was a whole different story. I almost had an accident from a fit of the giggles as we all skidded down the path at some point! It's making me laugh thinking about it. I came down covered in mud, spikes, cobwebs and all sorts - a funny day though, took about 4.5 hours there and back.
Spent the rest of our time watching the football and mingling with the other guests, eating fantastic food, looking out for baboons and laughing a lot with the boys and Terence & John!
Quote of the trip so far was from Terence "So you don't have any monkeys in England then? None at all?" - hahahaaaaa!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you took lots of pics - sounds like a lot of fun! xxx PS. Not sure why I'm coming up as ElizaD, when my profile says Linzzzz, but anyway, just so you know who ElizaD is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Sal

    Sounds like you are having a fantastic time - exactly how much white wine have you drunk? Think I will need to book you into detox when you come home. Kim the roof has been reading your blog and thinks you should go into journalism! I have to say it is very funny and has made me laugh out loud a couple of times!

    Was so upset on Sunday - I said to kev I don't mind losing just as long as they don't muller us and that was exactly what they did! Its so unbearable when it comes to a premature end - though we should be used it to it by now.

    Not sure what I think about Capello - we qualified so well - just don't know what went wrong when we got there.

    Oh well we have a great season to look forward to with Brighton and Portugal coming up soon.

    I'm going to Cape Verde - some islands off the west coast of africa with Bet on Thursday - it is only costing me £30.00! Hope Kev will be alright on his own for the weekend.

    Watch out for those sharks then Sal - take care and see you soon.

    Hugga La Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Hugga,
    Lovely to hear from you - I've only just discovered how to read the comments on here, hahahaaaa! Technophobe alert...
    Cape Verde sounds fab, you jetsetter you! I've been keeping in touch with Stewie about Portugal, but I think he's going to do a last minute booking and sounds like there's lots of availability so I'm not panicking. Got no money left though, hahahaaaaa! Might have to start selling my story...
    I've just come back off my first shark trip and it was amazing - and the people were all so nice again so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's trip and the next ones after that. I'm turning into a salty sea dog, ha!

    Anyway, must hurry up & update my blog again otherwise I'll end up stranded in the harbour like I was yesterday... nightmare!

    Lots of love Sal xxx

    ReplyDelete