Sunday 13 June 2010

I've arrived... feels like I've been here forever!!

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay... been in a remote part of SA in the mountains, no internet connection and no energy to actually write anything anyway. I can only hope I can remember what I've been doing with my time.

Flight was non-eventful anyway apart from horrendous backache the whole way - thanks BA for plonking me in a seat in the middle row. I'm cancelling my frequent flyer membership the minute I get home... incidentally my seat number was the same as my bra size, which I thought was a weird coincidence. For those of you who don't know my bra size, but do know the layout of a bog standard plane, then you'll realise the unfortunate position I was in for 11 hours. Coughing the whole way as well - apologies to the Press Association employees whose gang I'd seemed to infiltrate on the way out.

Something funny did happen though - I decided to buy some Touche Eclat in Duty Free at LHR (as you do - and for any men (straight ones) reading this it's a magic concealer for undereye dark circles and everyone swears by it apparently). Anyway I succumbed, hovvered by the YSL counter for approx 0.5 seconds and was pounced on by a member of heavily made-up staff. I asked for advice on which shade to get and ended up with a full makeover, hahahaaaaaaaaa! When I got to the gate (which I had to run to as I had an extra glass of cava at the bar - this NEVER happens), I got chatting to a couple of english blokes on a corporate trip who started chatting about old Brighton footballers they knew - or worked with I think! - from the early 80s, but in a tone which implied I was far too young to remember this era. So the Touche Eclat was worth every penny.

Saving this now in case I get chucked out the internet cafe as it's getting on for 11pm... the girl in the booth next to me just said "but we can't just put the wedding aside". Think I might log-off, pretend to type really quickly (like I apparently do at work, hahahaaaa!) and eavesdrop til 11pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment