Saturday 7 August 2010

Back home :-(

Monday 5th July: I popped into the Apex shop to say goodbye to Renee on the way to the airport, then took my flight from Cape Town to Joburg. Had about 5 hours to kill at Joburg airport before my evening flight back to London so pottered around the shops for an hour or so, bought some goodies for the kids back home (queued up at the Out of Africa shop alongside a cockroach - the true Africa experience!) then headed for the Africa Lounge, which Spurs Mark had recommended for a drink and a bite to eat. I'd been planning on a glass or two of cava, but of course they didn't sell it by the glass so I had to have a whole bottle to myself - I figured I had about 2 or 3 hours to drink it so it wouldn't be a problem... Spoke to mum while I was sitting in there and said I was on my way home and planning on popping in to see her tomorrow to catch up. Ended up having to rush my last glass of cava for fear of missing my flight - nightmare. Flight was uneventful anyway, except the on-screen inflight map was 2 hours out and I was tearing my hair out thinking I had 2 more hours to fill... I didn't sleep a wink, but arrived at Heathrow on time at around 7.20am. Walking through the arrivals hall I spotted a familiar face and realised that Spurs Mark had come to meet me - HURRRAAAAAAHHHHH!

And we all lived happily ever after. The End... (but hopefully not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment